Coconut Chickpea Curry
Serves: 4 (1-cup) servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (aka garbanzo)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (13.5-oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (5.4-oz) can coconut cream
- 1 ½ tbsp. Keep Calm & Curry On
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 2 tsp. Jeddy's Seasoning
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- 4-6 cups hot cooked basmati rice, for serving
-Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant and softened.
-Add in chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach, coconut milk, curry powder, cumin, salt, and Jeddy's. Stir together. Turn heat up to medium-high and simmer, stirring frequently, until broth has cooked down some and thickened a bit, about 10-15 minutes.
-Place hot, cooked basmati rice on plates on in bowls and ladle curry over the top. Sprinkle with a bit of cilantro and serve!
Want to make it with Chicken rather then chickpeas? Saute your favorite chicken, seasoned with Jeddy's Seasoning is our favorite and add in place of chickpeas in above recipe.