Grilled Veggies & Orzo Salad with Chim Chim Churree
We love grilled veggies so being able to pair them with orzo to make a great grilled veggie meal salad is a thumbs up for this family.
- Orzo 1 cup uncooked
- Seasonal veggies for grilling. Now you can roast or sauté as well but there is just something about that chargrilled flavor. Some veggie combo ideas would be grilled zucchini, onion and cherry tomato OR sweet potato and beet OR grilled kale, garlic and avocado. We always make a small bowl of olive or avocado oil and Jeddy's seasoning, combine and brush on the the veggies prior to grilling. For the zucchini, sweet potato, beet and squash we cut in slices approx 1/4", cut the onion and avocado in half and skewer smaller veggies like the cherry tomatoes or garlic. Use one of these ideas or create your own veggie combo.
- Jeddy's Seasoning
- Lemon cut in half and grilled
- 2 Tbsp Chim Chim Churree Rub
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp White wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Optional feta or gorgonzola cheese (gorgonzola is our fav with its tangy bite)
Cook Orzo to package instruction and let cool.
Prepare chim chim churree sauce. Rehydrate chim chim churree with hot water for 10 minutes - we do a one to one measurement. Once rehydrated combine with vinegar and olive oil. Stir and set aside.
Grill veggies and lemon. Once veggies are cooked. Let cool. Combine chopped veggies, orzo and optional cheese and toss in chim chim churree sauce adding a little at time till coated.
Serve just like this or make it a side dish to your favorite entree.