When I want a comfort food, I love to make this. We serve it over rice, pasta, rice ramen or just serve all by it self.
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Jeddy's Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 3 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth (we like to use bone broth)
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan (grated)
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Mangia Bene or for a little kick add Mangia Bene Pepperoncini
- Fresh Spinach (Option, we use 2 cups)
- Fresh Basil (for garnish)
Note: You can slice the chicken breasts thinner to help them cook evenly. You can even pound the chicken thinner if you have a mallet or use parchment paper or saran wrap and pound with a heavy pan
Season the chicken on both sides with Jeddy's Seasoning.
- Cook bacon pieces. We like to put in oven on tray with rack, we even sprinkle Jeddy's on our bacon too.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on both sides until the chicken is mostly cooked through. It will continue to fully cook later.
Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, and set it aside while you make the sauce.
In the same skillet you cooked the chicken add the butter. Once it is melted, sauté the garlic until it's fragrant don't brown or burn it. Add in the flour and stir to make a paste.
Whisk in the chicken stock, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.
Add drained or dried sun-dried tomatoes and Mangia Bene Seasoning. Remember there is no salt in Mangia Bene so if want add salt to taste
Simmer the sauce for a few minutes for it to thicken.
- If adding fresh spinach, add to skillet now, tossing in the sauce.
Return the chicken back to skillet, add bacon chopped. Spoon the sauce on top.
Turn the heat to medium low, and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes. I occasionally spoon more sauce on top of chicken.
Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.