What do you do with left over Mojo Pulled Pork....We make Pork Green Chili
by Gannon Torrella
We love making "Colorado Style" Pork Green Chili. It is one of our favorites!
- 2 lbs Mojo Pulled pork roast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups mojo broth from leftover mojo pulled pork
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 8 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ lb tomatillos (about 8 medium), chopped
- 1-2 jalepenos, de-seeded and minced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 5 anaheim or poblano chilis, roasted, skinned and chopped
- 2 tbsp Jeddy's Seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- Roast poblano or anaheim peppers. We like to use tongs and place on direct burner or over flame until skins burn. Then place them into container (covered bowl or plastic bag). Seal and let sit for 10 minutes. Skins should peel right off with a knife, de-stem and de-seed. Chop into chunks.
- Sauté onion, jalapeno, tomatillo in 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic once onions are irradecent. Stir not letting the garlic burn.
- Add the onion mixture, spices, tomatoes, and all the green chiles to crockpot or stockpot
- Gradually stir flour into the broth to the flour, stirring constantly to ensure no lumps. Then pour the flour mixture into the crockpot, stirring constantly to blend in. Add left over mojo pork juices.
- Shred the pork with a fork and add to crockpot. Cook on low for another hour or simmer on stovetop, stirring occasionally.
- We love putting it over eggs, breakfast burritos, enchiladas, chicken burritos, home fries or whatever! But our favorite is just a bowl of it, yum!