When it comes to turkeys, we have had our fair share of dry turkeys over the years. When Matt took his cuban roots and thought to marinate our turkey in mojo, the family went wild. Later on we came up with our own recipe for mojo. When we made turkey for our Colorado Friends, we had 12 families all together for the festivities. Several families had vegetarians and vegans in them. By the end of the day, even they were enjoying our farm raised mojo brined turkey.
This recipe will work for a 25 lb turkey. Cut in half for smaller turkeys.
- 2 - 1/2 Gallons of Orange Juice
- 2 - Quarts of Lime Juice
- 2 - Quarts of Lemon Juice
- 1 - Bottle of Jeddy’s Seasoning
- 6 - Cloves of Garlic
- 3 - Large Yellow Onions Chopped
- LOVE - The most important ingredient
DIRECTIONS: There is pure excitement in creating a marinade and knowing that when your turkey is all cooked it will be juicy and filled with rich amazing flavors.
- In blender combine 2 cups each orange lemon and lime juice with garlic, and 1/2 bottle of Jeddy’s Seasoning.
- Combine in bucket balance of juices, chopped onions, blended concoction.
- Coat Turkey with 1/2 bottle of Jeddy’s
- Place Turkey and brine into double bagged garbage bags. Twist inner bag and tie tight without air.
- Marinate in cooler or fridge for minimum of 2 days. Place in bowl or roasting pan in case bags leak
- Remove from bags. Place in roaster pan, in smoker or deep fry. If in roaster pan, pour some marinade over the turkey and bake. If in roaster pan or smoker, reserve some marinade for basting.