Healthy Gut Smoothie (Makes 2 servings)
- 3 cups of of fresh spinach, kale, swiss chard or bok choy.
We like to use CHAYA. Because it is easy to grow for us plus it's super nutritional We don't recommend fresh/raw chaya since the leaves can carry hydrocyanic acid. It is recommended to boil in non aluminum pot before consuming. We boil the chaya for 15-20 minutes in a large pot, strain and freeze it in 1 1/2-2 cup servings. We use one serving in place of fresh greens and being frozen they add to our smoothie consistency.
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries or blueberries
- 1/4 cup acai
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of coconut milk or homemade almond milk
- 1/2 tsp powdered chamber bitter (chanca piedra) - we dry our wildcrafted plants "weeds" and then grind them
- 1/2 tsp powdered moringa (or 1/4 cup fresh leaves)
- 2 Tblsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- You can add local honey if the fruits are not sweet enough for your liking
- Blend your leafy greens with the coconut or almond milk until leaves are fully blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend well. If desired consistency is not there - Add ice to make it thicker or add more milk to thin it out.
- Serving is for 2 so give one to share all the healthy benefits.